Friday, November 23, 2007

Stupid Cascade 220!

Well, I bought a bunch of cascade 220 for the Olive Branch Yoga Hoodie (link to the right) in a really pretty grey with just a touch of purple. I cast on the hood, knit a couple inches, and started to become suspicious... despite using the needles the yarn called for-8's, the fabric was quite see through. And the gauge? 22 stitches in 4 inches. A faaaaaaar cry from the 18/4 inches I needed. Maybe I was remembering the yarn gauge wrong...no, a trip to the cascade web site confirmed that I should be getting 4.5 stitches in 1 inch.

What the hell?

I am not a loose knitter, and now I have a bunch of yarn in the perfect color for a great hoodie and I HAVE TO DO MATH!!!! After having to do math, I kind-of-know that if I make the "46 size on size 7 needles, it will most likely fit me. But now I have to buy more yarn. This sucks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Oof. My sincerest sympathy. I usually just knit size smaller and cross my fingers that it will fit if my gauge is off by that much!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Eryn said...

Oh no! Not math! I'm like Bezzie - I just guess and cross my fingers....

11:41 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

No! Not math! Say it isn't so!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home