Sunday, November 11, 2007

I Have a Secret...

I've been cheating on my needles. I'm taking a spinning class.
Two weeks ago, I spun on this. Louet S15 I believe. And notice, I'm in my own living room. Yes, I can take a wheel home each week to practice. I did not realize this when I signed up for the class, and when I found out, any reservations I had about spending that much on a class went out the window.
This week, I took this home, an Ashford Kiwi. It's here now. I spun a bunch last night.
And I made this...spun the first week and plied the second. It's an actual skein, not a mini skein.
See?
Super duper close up!!!!!
I'm loving the spinning, and already may have accidentally bought some dyed merino top with the intention of spinning it then knitting it into a something for Christmas. I loved the Louet, it spun very well, but for $375, I want something that is less...ummm...plywood-ey. I also like the Kiwi, but I don't like the tensioner and it's not as smooth at lower speeds, so it's really hard to slooooow down without just stopping. We'll see what I get to bring home this coming week!

2 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Yeah I hear ya on the plywoody. I lucked out with Paulie. I don't know if I'd be spinning if I hadn't gotten the deal I did on him.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Sue, aka seiding said...

Whoa! That's your first skein???? You're a savant! Keep it up, I can't wait to see more.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home