Tuesday, March 27, 2007

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

It's just so cute! I feel very Angela Adams...
Center Square in Knitty. Heavily modified:

Patons Classic Merino, one strand of each color. Cast on 108 stitches, ribbing on 4's, the rest on 6's. I added one stitch in each direction to the circles to compensate for the smaller gague. The decreases were just k2tog after each stitch marker to make it swirl, cause it looks fun!
Even with the smaller gague on the ribbing it's not as tight as I'd like, so I think I'm gonna get some thin elastic and weave it in around the ribbing to snug it up a bit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

What a great hat! So wait, originally the pattern doesn't call for that swirly effect on top? Because I think that really is the cherry on that hat!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Sssarahevt said...

the swirl is the same style of decrease as the swell hat from knitty. I'm picky about decreases and didn't like the one in the origional pattern. Your right Bez...this one looks much better!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

That's just gorgeous! I love the swirl decrease, it adds a certain something extra. But the color combo itself looks incredible, I like it so much better than the pattern pictures!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home