Friday, January 19, 2007

Works in Progress

Last week's blogstalking was our wip's, so here they are...
Clock-wise starting from top center...
1. fingerless gloves for a friend. Not technically started but sinse I gave her the ball of yarn for christmas, I think it counts.
2. Carlsbad Beanie for Mr. VT, made with incorrect gague intentionally so it can be felted. I'm adding in green, navy, and chocolate stripes too. On hold until the-sweater-that-never-ends is finished.
3. Scarf for Dad. For LAST christmas. Dad, you are not going to be recieving a 1x1 ribbed 5 foot scarf, cause I am not as crazy now as I was when I started knitting it. You will, however, someday recieve a more interesting scarf in these same colors. ...to be frogged.
4. Felted messenger bag, my design for me. On hold for x-mas knitting and afor-mentioned sweater.
5. Sizzle shell. I can not knit a tank top when it is snowing. On hold.
6. front and center...THE-SWEATER-THAT-NEVER-ENDS!!!! But look...it has two arms, a neck hole, and even in fact appears to be almost wearable!! All that's left is to rip out the ribbing on the bottom, reknit three inches of legnth onto it, bind off, block, and DONE!! Trust me, when it's done, you'll all know. And since all other knitting is on hold until the last end is woven, that may actually be coming soon!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I love the never-ending sweater! What is the pattern?

1:18 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Me too! I love the never ending sweater!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Sssarahevt said...

the sweater is an adaption of the beau sweater from magknits with the cable band of knitty's seamus, with pattern I made from one of those knitting pattern generators. That generator? Yea, sucks. Oh and the raglan decreases from some make-any-sweater books from the library.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Oooh, what jo said! I love the never ending sweater and want to make one for myself! And for DH, because it looks like it would make a great men's and women's sweater. Except he's a couple of inches taller than me and outweighs me 2 to 1... OK, maybe he'll get a different sweater, because if I tried to knit this for him, I'd also have a never-ending sweater on my hands.

Love your WIPs. You'll get them done if you knit on one of them every time you get frustrated with the sweater.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Your sweater is looking amazing. Hang in there with it.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home