Saturday, December 09, 2006

A Holiday Meme...Cause it made me smile

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Ummm... either, as long as liquor is involved

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa is a fat man that's paid minimum wage to not molest children at the mall. And all our gifts are wrapped, why on earth would you not wrap them? Then people would know what they got!!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I don't do lights outside, but it is kinda funny to see the train wreck of people who go overboard with the colored blinky lights outside. Cause you know that it's the same people who spend a trillion dollars to make sure their truck upholestry matched their gun stock. Personally, I save the colored lights for inside, on the tree. That way no one sees my lack of color coordination.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Mistletoe?? Thars no kissin in dis house!!

5. When do you put your decorations up? Right after I start drinking cause I passed in my last paper for school.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? X-mas eve Maine style...lobster, oysters, and mussles in all their drippy, buttery goodness!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Ohhh...probabally when my Uncle "accidentally" videotaped Santa delivering the presents and everything. Watching that tape was a combination of holiday amazement and sheer terror (you know, like you've caught him now and he's NEVER COMING BACK).

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Ummm...my parents were crazies and I was a bit daft. I was probabally 11.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Mr. VT and I open all our presents x-mas eve, then trek to whoever's house in the am.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Is there more than one way? You take the ornaments out of the box and hang them on the branches. It's not too hard.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE. What's the point of it being cold if it doesn't snow?

12. Can you ice skate? Yep, fairly well. Actually it's one of the very few sports that I enjoy going as fast as I can.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The dollhouse my dad made for me, complete with crafty furnature thanks to mom. Almost nothing in that house was store bought, and it was huge, like four feet high. The cat loved it cause she could squeeze through the doors and up the stairs. I used to find total tornado mayham inside cause she would open the door and knock over all my meticulously arranged rooms.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? NO SCHOOL

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Mom's rum balls and 6 layer cookies

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? When we were younger, for years we would go out for chinese food x-mas eve. Something about moo-goo-gai-pan on the same night that everyone else was doing stockings by the chimney and cookies and church was just plain wonderful!

17. What tops your tree? Patrick from spongebob. We drilled a hole in his bum and there he sits. Get it? he's a starfish!

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love shopping and wrapping, and try to not think about recieving cause I'm not a good wait-er.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I'm sorry, but I have to say that 12 pains of christmas that's always on the radio. It's embarassing, I know.

20. Candy Canes? Not so into them, they're sticky and the wrapper is hard to get off and so sugary that by the end of them you get a film of processed sugar on your teeth. And there is no way to eat the hook part without poking yourself in the cheek with aformentioned sticky end.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

Your dollhouse sounds wonderful.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Great Meme. I might do this one later in the week. :)

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home