Thursday, December 14, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree...

This...is our tree. She is an unusual tree. She lived out her youth at Linens and Things, and when Mr. VT and I moved to Maine, we no longer had a sun porch to sequester the tree onto. So she came home with us, and we like her: she's small and unobtrusive, she doesn't shed fire-sparking needles on the floor, and she's just odd-looking enough that the fact that we have a table-top tree can be overlooked. Really, take the time to admire her oh-so-symmetrical branches, heck if you click on the picture I bet she'll get REALLY big so you can see her in all of her topiary splender. And yes, Patrick has a tree top up his bum. He's my favorite part.

PS... for you wondering knittyheads, yes, this is the extent of our decorations, except for two plug in candles in the window (but we have four windows actually so we're a bit unlit).

7 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

I love the whole "click on it and it will get bigger" concept!

Great little tree!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

That's a great tree! It's cute, and oh-so-much better-looking than my first Christmas tree. It sort of looked like a green pipe cleaner that you wind around a central pole. Sad. Yours is actually homey and Christmassy and fun.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

I like that tree! Reminds me of quite a few of my own just like that! :) Quite easy to take care of too! :)

9:53 PM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

That's a cute tree!! I used to have a plastic tree from Woolworth's that looked like the trees that came with plastic dinosaur sets. Your's is much better!

What's in the tank behind the tree? A turtle?

11:35 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Cute, compact, and dressed to the nines. What's not to love! :)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Sssarahevt said...

Zonda, that tank has 2 red-eared sliders, they're not nice. They stay in their tank. They hiss. (I'm a little scared of them when I clean their tank cause I think they'll bite me.)

12:56 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Cute tree!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home