Friday, July 21, 2006

In the Circle of Hell...

It has been soooo hot here. No surprise, as it has been hot everywhere. But when someone (like me, for instance) works outside all day on the hottest day of the year, it really sucks. And where does said person live? In Texas? Of course it's hot in Texas. Oh wait, my bad, they live in the Great-White-North, AKA Maine. Oh so it's humid too. I get it. I escaped hell by standing in the walk-in freezer of the restaurant so as to not get heat-stroke, which I've already probabally had once this year already, thank-you-very-much.

Oh and the heat? it does things. Like this:

I especially like the part in bold letters "Do not store can inside a vehicle". Now we all know why. And lets just say that when you store it there anyway and it explodes refrigerant-cooler-stuff all over the inside of your car, no one from the company is falling over themselves to tell you how to clean it up. Next attempt: Dawn dishwashing liquid and warm water.

In happier news, my local bead store that randomly carries yarn and needles has decided that they no longer want to randomly carry yarn and needles. So they are having a sale. As in a liquidation sale.
Me: ...so how long will the sale on yarn last?
Clerk: until it's all gone.
Me: (Oh my lord, it's a miracle. The celebrated yarn-store-going-out-of-business-sale in my own town!) soooo...the yarn will be more than 30% off soon, huh?
Clerk: we don't have a schedule of when discounts will happen.

Let the stalking begin...fortunately, it's on the main road through town, so I can keep on top of markdowns. After discovering this today I barely escaped alive, with three skeins of Lambs Pride Bulky tagging along. Woo hoo, yarn stocking up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home