Friday, June 01, 2007

New Chair!!

So this...
Went to this!!!!!! The super comfy Ikea Poang Chair that MR. VT's parents got us for christmas has been reincarnated as an actual fashion accessory.
So cool, tricky but not too tricky to make, I bought the piping foot for my sewing machine and that made the world of difference!!! I found the fabric at a remnants place in Pawtucket RI with my mom.
The colors here aren't super accurate, it's a rich chocolate brown and dusty greyish teal. Kickass! I do have enough to cover a second chair when we buy one, and should also have enough to separately cover the headrest thing, as well as make little cathair covers for the part where Zora and Dulce like to sleep.
And speaking of Zora, she's very pleased that Mr. VT was kind enough to buy her a box at LL Bean, but is a little insulted that it came with something already in it. She would like the fishing boots to be removed immediately.

3 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

That looks like a fab knitting chair! And Zora in a box, how cute is that? I love it when cats squeeze themselves into boxes.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I love it! You took a bland cookie cutter mass produced piece of furniture (that I normally despise, but I love your reincarnation!) and turned it into a thing of beauty!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Love that fabric, so much better than the original. How rude to be keeping boots in the box!

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home