Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Wee Little Update, But No Pictures...Sorry

I have a dilly of a cold, and just can't quite rangle myself into taking any pics to go along with my update. Since it's been a while, I figured I'd be all organized and stuff, so here we go...

1. finished "not-hat", a surprise gift that should be arriving to it's owner any day now. The "not-hat" is a new favorite pattern that will be familiar to the knitty-ers out there.
2. finished the world's largest hat, also a surprise gift, but it was a requested knit so it's a lesser surprise than "not-hat". Also on it's way to the owner, in the same box. After sending it off, I realized that I forgot to finish part of it!! It's totally wearable, but I'll want to add that one last bit. Feeling very silly.
3. cast on for a very special gift with this yarn, soooooo loverly! (must remember to re-size pics before posting). It has a deadline that is fast approaching.
4. made more progress on column of leaves, my first "lace" project. Does intentionally putting lots of holes in the pattern make it lace?
5. called a hiatus on urban aran, waiting until my new addi turbos in a very wee 12 inch legnth show up. Doing the sleeves using the magic loop is magic in the way that you have two places in each round where you have a natural stopping point. This is the opposite reason I knit in the round. I will resume knitting when my new needles arrive from Mr. ebay Jeff Wonderland in China. Great prices and great selection, but China shipping can be a tad slooooooooow.

In non-knitting news, we graduated! Mr. VT and I are now masters of stuff. My graduation was, ummm, nice, and I fell asleep during the commencement speaker. I felt much more special whilst being hooded and having my FULL name being read (kept my maiden name as a second middle name). I didn't trip, but I'm sure my special pic with the president of the college will look awful as I was a bit overwhelmed and was shaking a bit. Like my lips and face were shaking. Lovely. Not like crying shaking, more like on stage infront of the entire civic center simultanously realizing that three years of suckiness is over, I am officially allowed to try and fix youth's lives, and that I owe the feds $90,000 for this privlidge.
(sidebar, I think they should make it so that grad school costs a percentage of what you will make as a professional. Cause no joke, that's like three full years of my potential salery, not including interest. I could buy a house for that much. Or three cars. Or feed all of Maine's food stamp recipients for a year or so(maybe).)
Anyways, we had a great weekend, HUGE party on saturday and did up a kicking mother's day brunch in the yard on sunday complete with crabcakes benedict and mimosas. It was soooo fun. Now I just need a job.

2 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

Congratulations to the both of you! It's OK to get the shakes during graduation, it's the crowning moment after years of arduous work.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Yay! You're fully edjimicated!

I'm with you on the percentage of the salary that you would earn in whatever you got your degree in, but I would also want to lobby for higher earning potential right off the block! I mean I've got a lousy AA and I'm only making $3600 less a year than the newly graduated Doctor I'm sleeping with. ;-)

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home