Saturday, May 05, 2007

Yarn, Cats, and Not Much Else

With school and all, I've had a lot of books and binders and stuff around. Here we have:My best bookshelf spot, complete with binders, dayplanner, assignments, my testing folders, the DSM, and other assorted textbooks.
Now, HAAA HAAA!!!! It's my yarn shelf! with all my current projects including urban aran, several balls of yarn in various stages of knitting, a bag of secret knitting, knitpicks options binder, and notions boxes. This is not technically THE knitting shelf, as there's two other shelves that already had that job, but it's certainly more convenient.
And here we have yarn. These people make the MOST AMAZING YARN and I crave it in my dreams. This is not nearly representative of the actual color. It is reserved for a very special project.
This is also my new favorite yarn. It is 25% cashmere, 75% lambswool. Some lovely lady in my area had started a yarn company then didn't, and had gobs of roving that she had spun up and is selling at one of my LYS's. It's cheep. And 40% off. And is now sitting in my living room in a bag with 17 of it's siblings. Yep, 18 balls. 3,420 yarns of soft lovelyness (I had to get extra cause once it's gone, it's never going to be in stock again). It will be the Rogue hoodie for me and the Manly Maze Sweater for Mr. VT. His will be dyed though.
And lastly, I leave you with the kitties. They are both in catnip-hazes. Zora is very proud of herself cause she got the top of the perch, which Dulce usually steals. Dulce is also proud, cause she tricked Zora into staying on top of the perch so she can enjoy all the nip that's fallen on the floor. They're such dorks.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Ha ha! Cats coming down from a nip high!

Is there really anything else better than yarn and cats?

5:08 PM  
Blogger jpknits said...

Splendid things to take your focus in these fine days after FINISHING your GRAD SCHOOL WORK!!!!!!!!

I've been remiss in sending you congratulations.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Okay. Done shouting. Hope you're still having the occasional whoop or woot-woot!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Now there's a much better use for a shelf if ever I saw one.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Can't comment on the post below so I'll say it here...

A HUGE congratulations on your Masters. Well done!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

A question: what else does a person need???

Oh yeah, a Masters degree! Congratulations!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home