Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The 7 Random Things Bandwagon

Hopping on...
1. I have an olympic gold medal. Promise. I was a coach for the RI special olympics sailing team when it went to worlds (which was in CT). In sailing, they have "unified partners" in the boat as part of the team, so, you know, no one gets killed. Part of the team=medal. I think my mom has it, it's not really something I brag about.
2. On the sports theme, in high school I was on the track/indoor/cross country team for 9 seasons. There weren't tryouts, which was good, cause I was BAD. REALLY BAD. I couldn't even place in JV events, and again, this was RI, not exactly competition central.
3. I prefer glasswear, plates, bowls, silverwear, ect. that are textured. I like the way they feel, and will wash a favorite textured item even if there is a clean regular one.
4. I won $15 dollars in a frog-jumping contest with a frog I caught in the creek at my grandparents house. It was at the local 4-H ish fair. I was around 8 and wore Richard Simmons shorts. My aunt was nice enough to send Mr. VT the pic, which is now on his Myspace page.
5. Until Mr. VT bribed me with vodka, I could not and would not eat raw oysters. They tasted like drowning, like saltwater and mucus and YUCCCCCKKKK. Now I really like them and we get some of each kind to do taste tests.
6. I was a reader when I was a kid. I mean really, over the summer one year when I was 12/13, I actually read all of the books in the young adult section of the library and had to go find adult books. Over Feb break at my grandparents house I read 30 books in 6 days (and yes, they were at or above my reading level) and won a plastic trophy from their reading challenge.
7. I do a minor hair change about every 9 months, and a major one about every three years. I sat down once and figured this out, and somehow this timing stays true. (in my book, major=a BIG cut, a BIG growout or major style change, or something involving bleach and manic panic. My profile pic was the last change, flaming red manic panic)

5 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn in Wonderland said...

those were 7 fabulous things! I too am a southern maine blogger and have been enjoying your blog of late. thanks for sharing... especially about the oysters... mucuous and salt water... I am sooooo never trying them!

J

6:15 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with your medal. It was a great way to get it too, so much better than just being able to run fast.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Sssarahevt said...

hee hee...to clarify, I got the special olympic medal for being the "abled-bodied" teammate in the boat with the special olympians. That's the embarassing part, I was psyched my team won and proud of my athletes, but they deserved the medals, not me. I kinda just sat there and made sure they didn't hit anything or get distracted (which happened a lot) and start eating lunch in the middle of the race.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I'm totally not going to be able to eat oysters now because of your description..ewww!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Wow, 1 is really impressive. 7 is fun. I love Manic Panic. If I didn't have naturally black hair that requires several applications of bleach before any color can be put on it, I'd so do the same thing.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home