Saturday, July 12, 2008

Spinning completed...

See? It's the roving that I bought at Mass Sheep and Wool, I measured it and did maths, and I have @450 yards of I'm not sure what size, I haven't figured out the WPI thing yet. I know 450 yards is a lot, but I'm trying to figure how much of what it will make. But it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy prettier than it was when I bought it, I now know why people fawn over rovings at the festivals, it started as "oh that's pretty, but look how cheep it is!" and spun into "ohhhh that's niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice (said in the Family Guy gay-man-of-many-jobs voice)"
There are only a few sections that are not-like-the-others
I focused more on evening out the overspun sections when plying, I would stop plying and redistribute the twist to the ply around it, seemed to work well, but it was time consuming. I was hoping I'd have enough for a little sweater but maybe a little vest instead.
New sweater colors for MEEE, I was going to do the essential stripes sweater, but gauge was crazy, so I found a raglan pattern that was the right gauge, and am doing stripes. So it's more essence of essential striped sweater. In Berocco Ultra Alpaca, one of my more favorite yarns.
And, I WON YARN b from Bezzie, cause I have a lucky rooting timeframe. It's the kind of thing that if I wasn't forced into going by my insurance company so they keep paying for anti-spawn products, I might procrastinate about. This was a great treat/reinforcer for keeping my girls happy! Bert likes it too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

The spinning looks great--and nice yardage!!

Glad you got your Texas Toast!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home