Thursday, June 12, 2008

Huh?

Soooo...I swatched my Rogue Sweater. Okay, it was a big swatch i.e. I knit up to the armpits and washed and pinned it cause I was worried it was too small. Yes, I PRE-swatched. And yes, it's smaller than I planned anyways. Damn math.

ANYWHOO...

I unpinned it and noticed...
See it? two different colors.
See it again?
See? You can even see it sideways. The Stumper? The DARKER side was facing up!!!!...it's not sun bleached, it's sort of sun darkened. But the sun can't do that. So what the F**K???? Maybe it was super bleached to start, and the power of the sun beams reverted it back to it's more natural state? It's dust and dirt that blew very evenly over the entire thing?

Knitty Gurus, I'm relying on you...what's going on here? Cause I tell ya, this sweater ain't progressing till I figure it out. If it's some wierd sun effect, I'm not spending eighty-billion hours on those cables to have a sweater that looks like Aunt Velma's living room drapes. Please, please help. I'm gonna wash it in a bit, I'mm report back on the results.

3 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I'm at a loss. I'd post it on Ravelry in the Yarn section to see if someone with more knowledge has a clue.

8:52 PM  
Blogger yoel said...

What kind of fiber is it? Sometimes the sun can make things look darker when it "dulls" the deeper tones in the yarn. Or it's just a fiber or dye that gets darker in the sun.

It's such a shame to frog such beautiful cables. You'll just need to come up with a rotisserie-blocking system to get it all the same color. :)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

So weird. I think it still looks good, but I have no idea where the difference comes from.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home