Thursday, August 31, 2006

Yarrrrrrrn

After a year plus on hemming and hawing over what yarn to use for my Rogue Hoodie, I think I have found it! Well, I certainly hope I have found it, I bought 9 skeins of it. It's Green Mountain Mohair in Wintergreen. I could not for the life of me get a good pic of the color, so here's the swatch from the website. My favorite thing is that the spinnery is in Putney Vermont, in the same town I lived in when I first moved to VT. I am quite sure that although I was not a knitter when I lived there, I have been to the spinnery anyway during the Putney Craft Tour every Thanksgiving. So when one of my LYS started liquidating their yarn and this went on sale for 30% off, I figured it was meant to be.
My ONE concern is that the mohair content (30% mohair 70% wool) will fuzz up, hiding the knotwork of Rogue over time...any thoughts?

2 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I say have faith. I think it'll age beautifully. The color is gorgeous.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

I think you'll get a halo, but no worse. It's a gorgeous colour.

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home