Wednesday, January 09, 2008

True Love

So I fiiiiinally washed the first half of one of my aunt's sheep fleeces, and also put together the drying rack that my dad brought up for me. And discovered that it fits perfectly over our kitchen chairs for drying inside (It was warm today, but it got dark/cold too soon!)
See?????Look, isn't it pretty???????It's a wonderful snowy gray color that I am (in an insane plot to make myself crazy) dying to sping and knit into a sweater.
Look, here there's some crimp! Yeay for crimp!!!
And look, staple length! I was worried that some of the the fleeces would be matted, but not this one, it was perfect, DIRTY, but little veggie matter. After three washes and a rinse, it's still a little greasy, but I certainly didn't have the water hot enough.

And what is true love? Having it inside makes the whole house smell...sheepy, and the frame is taking up the whole table area. When I mentioned I felt bad and apologized to Mr. VT, he said "Oh, I don't mind, I kinda like the smell of sheep" Awwwwww...and he's right, I like the smell too, it smells like vermont and goodness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh yes! Gray snowy indeed! That is true love...but I guess as long as neither of you two start smelling of wet sheep...

9:33 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Wow, amazing fleece! That's some serious staple length, and it's so fluffy and soft-looking.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home