Saturday, September 08, 2007

The improved Blogger? Not so much.

So I did try the "improved blogger template" which touts itsself as being easily adjustable and changable. Which it is. I liked being able to change the colors of everything and rerranging my sidebar without having to sort through HTML. But I was unable to figure out how to put buttons into the sidebar, and due to the way they have the now easy-insert template set up, I could not get them added in HTML. There may be a way that I missed, but I didn't see it. So I'm back to the regular set up, though because they make it easy to revert back, I may give it another go.

We here are enjoying the end of the summer in our new his-and-hers canoes...

His, Mad River Freedom Solo,
And hers, Old Town Pack (which despite the pic, is 3 feet shorter than the freedom). We have been having soooooo much fun canoing and fishing together in seperate boats. This may sound odd, but in our canoe trips of the past, I sit in front and so never see Mr. VT, and he sits in back and sees the back of my head. Plus, the "you fish on your side, I fish on my side, and we both fish the middle" doesn't work well. Now, we have our own space and can carry on an actual conversation! We went on a great day trip up a stream last weekend, and decided that these new toys are great additions to our family. Plus, I can go canoing by myself, at 33 pounds even I can get the Pack on the roof of my car!

There's been a little knitting going on, I did finish the Urban Aran, I started the Shoalwater shawl, and I abandoned the pattern for the Ink Flared Sweater (I was wayyyyy off gauge wanted a different flare and more side shaping) and am striking out on my own with the addition of a neck thing like in the Chamomile sweater in Rowan. I am also going to cast on for the Om Yoga Mat Bag from stitch-n-bitch nation. And on it goes...

3 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Cool canoe! It looks like a peapod. I'd probably paint a bitchin' name on the side if I had one. Maybe the Princess Pea? Or the Pod Person? It's been so long since I've been canoeing!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

No, you didn't miss anything. I'm having the same problem with the new Blogger, plus I have no clue how/where to add links. The one I had went away somehow.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home